Education and Networking
PROPEL offers workshops, seminars and educational opportunities that are useful for formation-stage and early-stage life sciences companies. These are offered throughout the year at no cost or minimal cost to PROPEL participants and to the community at large. Topics include SBIR/STTR Grant Writing, Basics of the FDA, Strengthening the Investor Pitch, Setting the Stage for Investment and many others.
Held annually, the PROPEL Business Plan Competition was created to spotlight formation-stage and early-stage life sciences companies in Illinois and the surrounding Midwest. Past winners include Corvida Medical, Advanced Cooling Therapy and Endotronix.
PROPEL participants are often invited to iBIO’s CEO Roundtables, offering entrepreneurs and small company senior executives an opportunity to exchange information and brainstorm ideas on how to move their businesses forward in a small, informal group setting with CEOs of successful life sciences companies of all sizes.
PROPEL provides other opportunities for informal networking throughout the year. These informal events are opportunities for the community to gather together in a low-pressure environment, have a little fun, chat about technology or business breakthroughs and expand personal networks.
Past PROPEL workshops have included:
- Beyond QTDP: Credit and Incentive Opportunities for Early Stage Life Sciences Companies
- Executive Recruitment: Considerations for Early Stage Life Sciences Companies
- Angel Investment Tax Credits: How Life Sciences Companies and Investors Can Utilize This Program
- Finding the Right Investor at the Right Time
- Building a Strategic Decision Pathway