SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Workshops
Join PROPEL for our upcoming workshop:
SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Training
September 27 - 28, 2016
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1230, Chicago, IL 60654
2-day Intensive Workshop format to cover all aspects of writing SBIR/STTR grants focused on life science technologies including: eligibility, sources of funding and agency differences, understanding what reviewers look for, step-by-step instruction on how to write each section of your proposal. The workshop will cover all agencies, including Department of Defense, National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health, with detailed emphasis on NIH.
Who should attend:
- Anyone planning on submitting an SBIR/STTR proposal in the next 12 months
- Individuals interested in learning enough about the program to determine if they are interested in pursuing future submissions
- Individuals supporting SBIR/STTR applicants and companies including financial managers, business managers, other administrative personnel
- Individuals from academic institutions interested in working with SBIR/STTR applicants as subcontractors and supporting personnel
Why you should attend:
- National averages for NIH SBIR proposal funding is 19% for Phase I and 41% for Phase II
- BBC workshop and proposal preparation clients are funded on average at 45% for Phase I and 65% for Phase II
Registration: $250 per participant / $200 each additional participant from the same company through September 21, 2016. Late registration is $275 per person.
For more information: Contact PROPEL@ibioinstitute.org.
Registration deadline for this SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Workshop is September 21, 2016. Late registration is $275 per person.
After this September 2016 workshop, our next SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Workshop is scheduled for 1Q2017, exact date tbd.
Funding for this workshop comes in part from the Searle Funds at The Chicago Community Trust.